Monday, April 27, 2015

Nightmares and Day Scares

There's a voice in the air
Crying out for someone to care
"Are you there?"

Can you hear the voice ringing out?
Sometimes a whisper, sometimes a shout?
"Help me out."

I can feel their pain
I cry their tears of rain
"Take away the pain."

The voices come and whisper in my ear
There's so much fear
"Don't leave me here."

How can I help? What can I do?
Where are you?
"Are you a liar too?"

I go forward but fall down
Down, down, down
"Now who wears the crown?"

All around me dark things roam
I want to go home
"Forever you'll be trapped in our dome."

I call for help, but feel such doubt
How can I make it out?
"No one can hear you shout."

I collapse in pain
Acid rain
"With life what can you gain?"

I beg and plead
As I start to bleed
"Do you want to be freed?"

A knife digs into my heart
And then me and my dream part
I wake with a start

No darkness, no rain
No voices, no pain
Am I going insane?

Just a soft warm bed
A place to rest my head
I haven't bled?

Everything's all right, I find
Am I losing my mind?
No voices that aren't kind?

Ever so slowly I lie down again
Will I ever win?
Why must I have these dreams again and again?

I feel as though I'm trapped in a cage
War is what my nightmares wage
With a voice or a ghost or a witch or a mage

They trap me in my fear
At me they all leer
I'm all alone here

'Make them leave,' I pray
I whisper, "Just go away,"
And maybe they will . . . someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment