Monday, April 20, 2015

A Hundred Heroes

"The world needs a hero," I heard you say,
But we all know that heroes often pay.
You looked at me and I shook my head.
"It couldn't be," I said,
"Heroes have to be wise and also fearless,
Have to smell lies and be tear-less.
It couldn't be me; I'm too small,
How could I help anything at all?"
You say, "Every hero is small at first
But they grow and quench their thirst.

"It's time for you to save the day;
Smile at the blue, make them the shade of may.
It's not that hard to be a hero,
Make a one out of a zero,
Put a smile on a strangers face,
All the frowns in the world replace.
It has to be you, because everyone's small.
It has to be you who gathers them all.
Because if everyone's there and everyone's trying
We can dry the tears of all the crying.
If we all work side by side
Then I'm afraid I have lied;

Because when we work together no one is small,
But we need someone to gather them all.
It could be you, it could be me
It could in fact be anybody
But if you believe it has to be you
Maybe others will too
And everyone will try a little harder,
Pay the full price instead of barter,
Spread around joy and a smile,
It will only take a little while
For everyone to be made a hero.
Because even a hundred has to begin with zero."

3 comments: