Monday, April 13, 2015

Goodbye Forever

I find it so hard to believe
That all you want is for me to leave
Through all of our fights I can't seem to see
Or figure out if it's actually me
Who made all our days go so sour
All I know is that in an hour
You'll be gone and break my heart
I used to think we'd never part

I guess all the songs are true
Because I find it so hard to be without you
But now you say that this is the end
And our hearts will just have to mend
But that can't be the last say!
Because I swear that this is the day
That I mend your heart and change your mind
I promise I'll be truthful and kind
I'll shove all of my priorities aside
Even if you're the one who lied

Isn't that what you want me to say?
Well I won't because this is the day
That you leave me in peace
And from my chains you finally release
Because like everything
Even if the bad tend to cling
This must come to an end
So goodbye my ex friend.

4 comments:

  1. Is this real or just a story?
    May I unravel this mystery?
    Am I like you, are you like me?
    Do you really think like me?
    Do you see the things I see?
    I hope someday that we will meet.
    You are the voice I want to be.
    You write the things I want to read.
    -Jamesparksisdead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, no, it isn't real
      But the pain of it I empathize with, I feel
      I put myself in other's shoes
      Other's lives are my muse

      Most all I write is some sort of fiction
      I imagine a scenario and make a prediction
      I find my truth by writing lies
      I understand tears when my narrator cries

      I write these truthful lies for me
      But if you so relate, perhaps we do think analogously

      Delete
  2. How do you do this is poetry?
    That skill has always escaped me.
    If I need truth, I write a story.
    If I write a poem, the truths become blurry.
    -jamesparksisdead

    I'd love to read the stories you've written and I'll gladly share mine if you'd like. Where can I find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, my stories can't be found
      Only for me do they make a sound
      I don't write little stories; I write in length
      I find it hard to give short stories much strength
      I don't write novels online for I wished
      To one day get them published
      But if you have wattpad or something you can give me the link
      And I'll try to find time to read and tell you what I think

      Delete