Thursday, April 2, 2015

From - someone willing to fight

Dear Lord, why's the world such a mess?
It pains me so to confess
that my hope is dwindling
and it's kindling
this fear in my soul
turning my heart to coal.

Dear God, why has your rod disappeared?
Is it as I've feared?
Thy rod and thy staff
only seem to mock and laugh
and do not comfort me
no longer set us free.

Dear Yahweh, why do we all stray from your path?
Send down your wrath
along with your grace
let us see your face
and your light.
Set things right.

Dear Father, won't you bother to speak with me?
My thoughts, they flee
from good to bad
like a fading fad
and I need your voice
to give me a better choice.

Dear Lord, I want more than this world is offering
I'm not asking to be made a king
but I want to be more than a pawn
more original than a time once upon
or a happily ever after,
why not end it with laughter?

 So will you help me, along with the rest of the world?
Checkered instead of swirled?
Or the other way around?
Let everyone be crowned?
If we all put up a fight
Can you help us make the world right?

1 comment:

  1. You're so right, the world is in a mess. Unfortunately, it's a mess humanity, itself has made.

    I've been listening to Word of Promise Bible on CD (Old Testament) and by the time you get through the first five books of Moses, humanity pretty much shrugged off God and went their own way. Ironically, the alternative, (people who obey God out of obligation) would have produced a less insane world, but we'd all be robots or Muppets. Everyone must choose whom they will serve (Josh 24:15) .
    Thankfully, one day there will be an end to the mess we see around us. But I'm with you, (when will ONE DAY be TODAY?!)

    ReplyDelete