Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Everyday War

War. Brothers fighting.
Knights. Torches lighting.
"Fight!" the commanders shout.
Trumpets calling out.

"Come in for dinner!" mother calls.
Run, run, run, one boy falls.
Mother shakes her head as we say,
"But, mom, we want to play!"

Finally we go to war again.
Battle drums. It's time to win!
Losing. "Call reinforcements!" I shout.
Finally little sister comes out.

We're winning, but now we must go to bed.
Our armor we reluctantly shed.
To war once again the next day.
Fight, fight, fight, it's time to play!

Preparing. "Get the water balloons!"
War. No time to watch cartoons.
I try for a ferocious battle cry.
Sword fighting. I will not die!

Victory. At last I've beat you!
"Of course you can play too."
Back to war, sister on my team.
She's not good at fighting, but you should hear her scream!

Losing. "That's not fair!"
Death. "But I don't want to just lie there!"
"Don't give up, little sis!"
War. "You can win this!"

Fighting. "I think I've got him!" she shouts.
Winning. Big brother pouts.
Fight! We lost. "But that's not fair!"
"Rematch!" I declare.

No comments:

Post a Comment