Saturday, March 28, 2020

Volatile Sentiments

I don't feel like writing
But there's not much else to do
Story of my life -
Ridiculously short, it's true

I opened the curtains
To let the sun in
The clouds opposed this plan
Guess there's not much chance I'll win

I thought I needed some space
From everything for awhile
Now I'm here alone -
I so miss your smile

I suppose it doesn't matter
With all that's going on
And I suppose it's true -
You only love something once it's gone

I'll try to keep occupied
To stop feeling disconcerted
I'll ignore the implication
That all the progress reverted

I know this room too well
I know every chip and every stain
It whispers of past mistakes
All the times I didn't feel completely sane

I won't listen to the voices -
I've got my music on
I'll struggle forward
Though the past is never gone

I'll drown out the silence -
We stopped being friends long ago
And I haven't attempted
To reconcile the relationship, so . . .

So I guess this is it -
This is life for awhile
Losing some progress
But I won't lose my smile

Because I opened the curtains
And looked to the sky
And though clouds obscured the sun
The silver linings were there to get me by

No comments:

Post a Comment