Sunday, March 1, 2020

Doing Well

I'd talk forever if you let me
     My words falling on deaf ears
Mine are tired of my own words
    Yours heed only tears

Talk to me - I am not doing well
     Hold me close once more
I'm selfish and I need you
     Echoing voices in my head, a constant war

Reality has gone so bleak
     Always pulling me from my dreams
Everlasting marching days
     Darling, they're tearing my seams

Don't ignore me now -
     I can't hear myself without you
Over the noise of my own hurt
     Suffocating under everything I ever knew

Forgetting it all, I sank -
     I let the darkness eat the light
Memories rattling round my head
     Numb or in pain, I fade into the night

You took my hand then left me here
     My head is in my own hell
Open wide and feel the fire
     You promised to catch me as I fell

Won't you keep your word?
     Only, dear, you're making me nervous
Nowhere to be seen now
     Would you say I deserve this?

Will you ever come back to me?
     No - the hope must surely fade
Over it all, if only -
     Holding onto the mistakes I made

Remind me once more - who am I?
     Echos surrounded me as I fell
Dear, I'm tired of these words
     Listen to me!  I am not doing well

Surely, surely you'll come back- Come back- Come back- Come-
     Listen . . . That's the sound of hell

1 comment:

  1. Two acrostics. The unindented lines spell: I'm tired of my own words. Indented lines: My head is in my own hell. Lyrics from Sing to Me by Missio

    ReplyDelete