Sunday, March 15, 2020

Immersion

I'm bathing in memories -
I remember you
And the feeling of the wind
Always rushing through

Tousling my hair
Brush it from my face
Open and absolute
Nothing to hide or erase

Tell me every thought
That's trapped in your head
Explain every feeling
All you hope and what you dread

Talk until I feel at home -
It won't take long
Smile until I forget
All the things I ever got wrong

Hold me with your words
With arms that you spoke
While my words for once
Don't cause me to choke


But now I'm choking on memories -
Because I remember you
And the feeling of goodbye
Everything we put each other through

Spilling tears
Brush them from your face
Explain once more
The steps I don't want to retrace

I'll distance myself
Trap the feelings in my head
Focused on what went wrong
Lost in what was left unsaid

Someday you'll be a thing of my past -
It didn't take long
Breathing for a moment
But the memory's still strong

Because little things remind me
And the days evoke
And hold me with the words
That I never spoke


I'll bathe in these memories -
Watch them all play through
I remember the feeling of the wind
And I remember you

No comments:

Post a Comment