Sunday, April 5, 2020

See You Soon

All the canceled plans
Shall pile to the moon
All the catch-you-later's
And every see-you-soon

And I'll regret not trying sooner
Not telling you when I thought -
"Wouldn't it be nice to see them?"
Because now I simply cannot

And that's a bit sad
To have the option snatched away
Though I may have never chosen it -
I'd save it for a rainy day

But it's raining now
And I miss you, you know
I've never been one to crave
Solitude or snow

And it's cold, all alone
And the rain will crystallize
And cover the ground
And fill the skies


And all the things left unsaid
Shall pile to the sun
All the bitten tongues
Shall turn to ash, one by one

And I'll regret not speaking sooner
Not saying what I thought
Not telling you the truth
Because now I simply cannot

And that's a bit sad
To have the ability snatched away
Though I may have never used it
To show my heart with the words I say

But it's snowing now . . .
And I love you, you know
I've never been one to profess it
Always trying not to let the feelings show

But it's cold without you
And all my thoughts of you crystallize
And invade my heart
And fill my eyes


And all the heartfelt smiles
Shall pile to the moon
And connect us for eternity
I hope . . . I'll see you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment