Sunday, February 16, 2020

Dust to Dust

Tonight, let's watch our world burn
Holding the flame in my hand
Open, spilt, and empty
Ubiquitous across the land

Gave it all up and away
Holding onto everything you ever said
Alas, it all fell through my fingers
Though attached, I lost my head

Tomorrow, let's scatter the ashes
And leave them in the past
Cast the sentiment away
Holding onto the dreams we amassed

Endeavor to let them go
Dust to dust, they fade
I'll cling to the remnants
Losing most everything we made

Open, spilt, and empty
Shifting through the remains
Though found, I lost my way
My memory wanes

Yesterday we built it all
Held it in our hand
Endeavor now to let it go
Alas, watch it all disband
Dust to dust, it returns to the land

2 comments:

  1. Your poetry is so good but it always makes me feel so sad. Are you going through like a tough time or something. Do you need someone to talk to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acrostic: Though attached, I lost my head

    ReplyDelete