Thursday, May 14, 2015

Little one, Last one, Lonely one

Silence

Silence

Quiet

Quiet

Where did all the noise go?
What happened to the children running to and fro?
Nothing makes a sound anymore
All the children went out the door

All sound stopped
Because our family got chopped

Chopped

Chopped

Chopped in half
Now it's a rare thing to hear someone laugh

Why did everyone go away?
Why did no one stay and play?
Grew up, that's what everyone did
They decided to stop being a kid

Everyone moved out . . .
I remember when everyone would shout
Because with all the noise it was hard to be heard
Everyone insured
That they'd be back
But there bags they pack

Some visit, some don't
Grow up I won't!
Because this family of ten is now only five
And I strive

Strive

Strive

To keep feeling alive

Live

I feel like it's not only this family that's been chopped in half

Half

Laugh

Laugh

Every time this house they flee
I feel like they're taking a part of me
And it's a hard thing to be ripped apart
Every time they leave it breaks my heart

Off without me they go . . .
What happened to the children running to and fro?

No comments:

Post a Comment