Thursday, May 7, 2015

Regrets

As I lie here all alone
hoping for a call on the phone
I realize after all these years
and as my death nears
that I have no friends
to be here when it all ends

And I suppose it is all my fault
because I locked my heart in a vault
I would not let anyone be near
because I was afraid that when they got here
my heart would break inside that vault
so I admit it is my fault
that no one's here for me
I locked up my heart and threw away the key
so there are no friends to share
any memories and actually care

I am here alone and dying
yet I don't believe anyone is crying
It has been a lonely life
full of troubles and strife
but it has not been full of
any friends or any love

I am truly sorry for all I have done
but most of all I'm sorry I never tried to have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment