Monday, May 11, 2015

Mud

Home is where the heart is at
Home is where you go to chat
A sweet warm lullaby
That to you will never die
A beautiful caring smile
A huge laundry pile
A wonderful game night
A grumpy old fight
Children piled on the floor
Stomping feet and slamming a door
A mother that loves to cook
A nice short story book
Toys and games everywhere
And parents that help and care

Many things come and go
Many yeses turn into no
Quite a few smiles turn upside down
Because often all you can do is frown
Sometimes real family's can put you in a stir
Sometimes your eyes start to tear and blur
But know that I'll always be right here
Because I love you like my own child, dear
Who cares if we're not related by blood?
It may be thicker than water, but not mud
We are bound together by bigger things
Bound together by god, not kings
You were put in my life for a reason, dear
And I hope you know you're always welcome here

No comments:

Post a Comment