Sunday, August 20, 2023

Empty Space

Tell me, if I swear to be honest -
Honestly, would you promise to be kind?
Echoes of old memories
Echoes I don't want to find

Make believe it was for the best
Pretend it doesn't affect things anymore
Tormented with anxious attachments -
You traced insecurities into my core

Swore to be honest, but I lie to myself
Pretending you didn't see
All the manipulation and pressuring -
Claiming it was all for the love of me

Empty space is all that should be left now
Growing solid and secure
Really, what's accumulated -
Echoes of all the reasons to feel unsure

Why can't I just forget?
Sometimes, somehow, I do
Old echoes falling silent 
Listen, really - I'm over none of it but you

I swore, so here I am, in honesty 
Do you think even for a moment you ever kept your promises to me?

~



1 comment:

  1. Is empty really empty because we see the bottom of something when we look inside. Could there be something wonderful just below what we see as empty?

    ReplyDelete