Saturday, May 9, 2020

The Empty Space Accumulated

Tell me, if I swear to be honest -
Honestly, would you promise to be kind?
Echos of past sentiments
Echos I can't get out of my mind

Moving further from me
Pulled your hand from mine
Told of future dreams
Yet our fates shan't intertwine

Sweet nothings that meant everything
Pleasing words that now sting
Afflictions that I wouldn't -
Couldn't give up for anything

Endeavored to be oblivious
And pretended there was a chance
Challenged the end, though inevitable
Clinging to our bittersweet dance

Undone as I am -
Memories pulling at my skin
Unable still to regret them
Lured onward by what might have been

Although you promised to be kind -
Traced my fingers and made me feel validated -
Emptiness still stretched between us -
Dividing always, the empty space accumulated

~

The Empty Space Between Us

No comments:

Post a Comment