Saturday, February 1, 2020

The Empty Space Between Us

Tell me, if I swear to be honest -
Honestly, would you promise to be kind?
Empty space between us -
Eternity, and so much to find

Moving closer to me
Put your hand in mine
Trace my fingers with yours
Yet they'll never intertwine

Softly, try to close the space
Perhaps it wasn't meant to be
After all of our movement
Couldn't quite bridge the empty

Endeavor to be oblivious -
Bottle up your pain
Echo back the overused phrases -
There's only rainbows after rain . . .

We'll never bridge the space between us
Emptiness will forever separate
Enjoyed fooling myself for awhile
Nonsensical notions we fabricate

Unchallenged and inevitable -
See the space between us accumulate

~

The Empty Space Accumulated

3 comments:

  1. I've given up on coming up with rhymes
    Much better to stay in touch

    Because your poems deserve attention
    And I simply
    Cant
    Keep up

    I wrote a poem for your last poem
    crumpled it and threw away
    If I find it I might send it
    But trust me its rather lame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust you? Doubtful
      Though I'll not flatter and disagree -
      Perhaps it truly isn't good
      Though I tend to like what you write for me

      Consider: I never asked you to keep up -
      You're the one who started this game
      After all this time, shall you cry forfeit?
      Now THAT I may call lame

      Delete
    2. Is it possible to be bold and insecure
      You have given up but maybe your motivation will come back this summer

      Give her attention she deserves it you dont need to be good at it
      You should search for that poem
      Make sure it isnt stolen

      It isnt about your quality for this
      It's about your intentions
      Honestly jam sparks you should just keep trying. I dont know try writing random stuff till your inspiration sparks.

      Delete