Sunday, May 2, 2021

Nacre

Too many things rushing to the surface 
Give me time to sort them out
It's all a bit confusing now
Each word full of doubt

And what's the reason now?
Can't pinpoint the source 
All the future longing
Or all the past remorse

I'll step outside and watch the world
Spinning til I close my eyes
Pretend it's all concrete and still
Cocooned in all these lies

Grit my teeth and hold on tight
Time's still slipping from my skin
It smooths and wrinkles
Scars and fades again

Couldn't it all just stop for now?
Your body still warm beside me
I want all the moments back
Hold them for eternity 

I'll step inside and close the curtains 
Get lost inside my head
The morning sun attempts to rouse me
But I'll just stay in bed

Bite my lip and look away
Time takes everything, I know
In all the fleeting seconds
And years that pass so slow

Too many things settling on the surface
Getting tired of setting them straight 
Treasure each moment that I can
Before it becomes too late

No comments:

Post a Comment