Saturday, May 15, 2021

A Place To Begin

Dusting off the day
Enter my head - what shall it say?
After all that's happened since the last
Recalling all that has passed

I suppose I've once again spun
Around our blazing, boiling sun
Making fading memories
Nodding softly in the breeze 
Oh, they've only just begun

To dance they're twisting, spiraling dance
Winding down each choice and chance
Hold on tight - we've time left still
And a lifetime of blank space to fill

Take my hand and run with me -
Yesterday's gone and I've things to see
Over the mountains and through the sky
Until I've nowhere left to fly
Hunting every possibility 

All I must do first is quit
Doubting myself and shrugging a forfeit
Try as many times as I must
Hands aren't meant for collecting dust

Of all the things I could be and have been
Up to this point, and after my twentieth spin -
Gathering new things to try for a while
Holding onto the ones that make me smile -
Til the end, there's no end - just a place to begin

1 comment:

  1. Acrostic: Dear, I am not what you had thought. Vaguely from Hot Rod by Dayglow

    ReplyDelete