Sunday, April 12, 2020

Valediction

I'm trying to understand
All my racing thoughts
Make them into something coherent
Straighten out all the knots

Only, emotions get in the way
Racing hearts interrupt
Rambling words bathe my head
You always did manage to disrupt

I liked how you confused me
Didn't I know how it would end?
Only, when with you, I forgot
Now our hearts will just have to mend

Only, I still don't want
To lose you, you know
Put each other through a ridiculous amount
Ridiculous . . . I have to let you go

And I want to apologize -
You tend to take all the blame
Though I'm just as at fault -
Hope is a two player game

And I forgive you for it all -
Tainted love and varying conviction
We knew we'd never work -
Although your hope was my favorite fiction

You and I were but a dream, and now we must wake to valediction

3 comments: