Sunday, April 26, 2020

Static

I'll try to make you understand
With words so emphatic
I'll try to think coherently
But my head is full of static

White noise surrounds me
Static fills my bones
The ghost of electricity
Howls between these unknowns

It's all a bit deafening
It's all a bit much
For me to handle today
Drowning in thoughts and such

I could learn to swim
Only, inertia rules these halls
Apathy occupies the rooms
Memories rattle inside the walls

How could they not?
This is the abode
Of past selves and their mistakes
All set to implode

They seep in through my ears
And in through my eyes
Wrap me in sleepless nights
And empty skies


I can't make you understand
Truth is so varied and problematic
I'll try to move forward
But everything is static

Frozen eyes stare down at me
Inertia holds my frame
Thoughts swirl around me
Yet everything remains the same

It's all a bit sickening
It's all a bit dead
With the knowledge that one day
It'll just be another thing someone said

I could try to forget
That death shrouds it all
That time fades away
The ghosts in my wall

But how could I succeed?
This is our curse
To craft our lives and selves
Knowing it will all someday disperse

To worry and fret
Over stillness, mistakes, and lies
For such a short time
Until we return to the skies


I'll never fully understand
A life so motionless yet erratic
I'll try to be coherent for now
Though my words are filled with static 

No comments:

Post a Comment