Sunday, September 29, 2019

Whatever

Wind rushing through my hair
Heart racing through it all
After everything is said and done
The tether frays and down I fall

Enlighten me to the ways of the world
Vigilantly, tell me what to fear
Enjoy what we have today
Racing to when it's no longer here

Yearning for what you pushed away
Ostensibly, I'll take no blame
Ubiquitous as guilt is
Always feigning we're not the same

Rain spattering on my skin
Endings speckling the sky
Farewell to the stars and clouds
Enthralled with the question "Why?"

Equity, it blinded me
Little excuses piled around you
I fabricated every one
Never believing what I always knew

Going forward with no destination in sight
I was clinging to something facile
Simple as I thought it'd be
Altogether underestimating the hassle

Lightning striking behind my eyes
Life smacking me with reality
Remembering what I swore I'd forget
Instilled so many silly things in me

Go now and don't come back
However much I don't know if that's what I want
The tether frays and I fall
Catch me in your final taunt

Heart racing through the wind
I'll stand in the spitting rain
Laughing at the patterns in the sky
Diligently moving on again

1 comment:

  1. Acrostic: Whatever you are feeling is all right child. Vaguely from the song Skylight by Pinegrove

    ReplyDelete