Sunday, September 1, 2019

Sawdust

Teach me how to think again
Head full of sawdust - where to begin
Ending alone in this room
Dust hanging thick - I have no broom

Always running out of things to say
Run your mouth anyway
Keep my lips pressed tightly down
Enjoying the sensation, they'll still frown

Roll my eyes right out of my head
Tell me all the things I never said
He'll never get it right, you know
Expressions never truly the truth show

Worn down by time and sand
Empty now - push and I won't stand
All together - give one last shove
Tighten your grip and call it love

Heart full of sawdust - I'll breathe it out of my lungs
Entangled here - they speak in tongues
Run your finger down their spine
Touching lies - they say it's fine

How is it nothing moves anymore?
Exiting, if only you'd open the door
Beating constantly at my empty head
Enjoying the sensation, though I'm dead

Teach me how to feel again
Touch nothing at all - where to begin
Ending alone in this place
Reach for me and blur my face

Though I cannot give you a reason why
Hearken to this final cry -
Etch it in your empty mind
Save it where you'll always find -

Tomorrow is a brand new day
Our empty heads won't remember mistakes anyway
Running onward where the future looms
Moreover - I have found some brooms

1 comment: