Sunday, September 15, 2019

Autumn

I'll waste time doing nothing at all
Just watching the leaves as they start to fall
Until my conscience tickles my head
Shiver with the realization - it won't be long til I'm dead

Trace my life across the sky
Never allowing myself to ask you why
Etch the knowledge into my skin
Ending just when we begin

Dare to question what was always right
Eerie and evident - but I won't fight
Dance with the devil - get lost in their eyes
Shockingly angelic - perhaps it's all lies

Only just tiptoeing across the line
Make believe it will all be fine
Enjoy it for now - I suppose we must
Our weary hearts will start to rust

Nearing the end - don't ruin it yet
Enduring forever - I wouldn't bet
Ask once more, "What is it you want?"
Risk it all - it will always haunt

Or perhaps we'll forget, by and by
Unless my conscience doesn't stop questioning why
Never allowing anything at all
Dare to stand - I dared to fall

Death will greet me with a friendly smile
Enjoyed every moment for my small while
Ask once more, but I want nothing, my dear
Risk it all - let it go - and draw me near

3 comments:

  1. As a lover of poetry, I so enjoyed this and many of your works. I relate to most of them.

    Thank you Celora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much - that's really nice to hear :)

      Delete
  2. Acrostic: I just needed someone around, dear. Kinda from Comfort Crowd by Conan Gray

    ReplyDelete