Sunday, August 18, 2019

Remnant

I'll draw circles in the air
Signifying the thoughts I'll never share
Twirling - spinning - rippling through space
I'll watch the muscles create expressions on my face

Looming ever nearer, it comes with speed
Lurching ever closer, hear me plead
Justice - mercy - guilt - who's to tell?
Under the pressure of their gaze - it pushed and I fell

Standing in an insignificant rain
Trouble pours down but I feel no pain
Watch it all melt away and die
Always waiting for one last goodbye

Not thinking it much your style -
Twirl a bit - it may make you smile
Turn once for me and watch it ripple out
One last look before the inevitable drought

Tell me no rules and I'll break not one
Answer my questions before we're done
Life careens on with no common courtesy
Knowledge is sought but it evades me

Touch down softly and drift away
Open your eyes - I won't ask you to stay
Yet I will cling to the remnant of rain
Open your mind - it shan't wane

Until then - my hands move in a rhythmic fashion
Tracing circles with my emotional ration
Only rippling through remnants and air
One last look - but it's no longer there 

1 comment: