Sunday, June 30, 2019

This Time

This page is for mistakes
Sentences I'll later scribble out
Like the thoughts in my head
My heart is full of doubt

This verse is a diversion
Because I don't want to dwell
On things that make me sad -
All the times I ever fell

This life is meant for action
But I'll stay here safe and sound
Daydreaming of all I could do
With all the courage I never found

This air is full of castles
That all crumble on my head
Yet I continue making them
Until they crush me and I'm dead

This death will be a sad one
"What a wasted life," they'll say
"Had such potential, but did nothing -
Always saying some day"

This day will never come
Unless I force it to
But fear makes me weak
And this requires strength to do

This is the problem -
Watch my hands begin to shake
And my mind begin to race -
Pulling at these anxious chains I cannot break

This time I want to be brave
Braver than ever before
Lost in a sea of daydreams
I want to reach the solid shore

This page is for mistakes -
Things I'll never admit to you
Silly daydreams and a nervous heart -
Watch me tear it out and start anew 

No comments:

Post a Comment