Monday, July 15, 2019

Is The World Still On Your Shoulders

I can't go on like this -
Shattering so easily
Try as I may
Hardness eludes me

Ever the dramatizer
Won't let it worry you
On we go
Running out of things to do

Lie and say it's fine
Don't and say it's not
Still get the same response -
Thinking me tougher than you ought

If I change it up or not -
Looking up every other day
Life will go on
Onward always - now are we okay?

No, not right now
You ruined my already bad time
Observe my sinking face
Underneath all the grime

Really not all that bad -
Shouldn't I be fine?
How'd I get so freakishly fragile?
Only just making it to the next line

Understand I must avoid you
Like a plague of saltwater in my eyes
Don't try to talk sense into me -
Emotions make it sound like lies

Reality will arbitrate for us one day
Shattering or strengthening this guise 

No comments:

Post a Comment