Sunday, June 2, 2019

In Ash And Flame

This house will never change
Come or go, it's all the same
We'll be together in the end
In ash and flame

Do you hear the fire crackling now?
Feel the warmth upon your skin?
The scent of charred flesh fills my nose
It comes from within

With blazing eyes they'll watch me
With hearts of coal they'll judge
Mistook me for a traveler
This house will never budge

We'll burn it to the ground
Take the ashes to the sea
Wash it all away
Finally be free

But it shall rise again
So we'll chop it all to bits
Watch it stick back together
Finally call it quits

This house will stay for always
But I - I shall run away
My feet growing heavy
Watch the tethers fray

Cut the ropes and break free
For a moment at least
Fall dead without them
Watch the flames feast

Tie me back down -
I'm a puppet on these strings
Nothing without them
Defined myself by these things

But I'll not give up the fight
Against this house of insecurities and blame
For I saw it growing slowly smaller
So watch me outlast its flame

No comments:

Post a Comment