Sunday, June 13, 2021

Her

I'll invite you along -
Will you stick around for me?
I'm so tired of being wrong
Lost in misplaced sincerity
Lose yourself in me

Slight adjustment - try again
Clinging to what they know
Rationalizing all the pain
Eternity isn't enough space to grow

All along the far off coast -
Memories that never were
Whisper "What do you want the most?"
Have I ever really been sure?
Eternity isn't enough time to become her

Nestle down deeper still -
Nestle down and suffocate
Once more, reshape your will
Once more, do nothing and wait . . .

Next up - what am I doing next?
Entreat the world, but no answers come 
I'll decide when I'm not so perplexed 
Speak when I'm more numb
Answer when I somehow become -

Really, what am I supposed to be?
Open to all of it, and none
Untie the stars - let them fall on me
Nestle down till it's all done
Don't, and blaze within the sun

1 comment:

  1. Acrostic: I will scream when no one is around. From Humpty Dumpty by AJR

    ReplyDelete