Sunday, February 3, 2019

Burn

Head bobbing
Mind fuzzy
Eyes starring
Rather blankly

Half listening
Don't you know
Hands clapping
Enjoy the show

Got to get out of the rhythm
The structure I put myself in
It all looks the same
Grimace or grin

I'd scream if I weren't
So darned concerned
Hands in my pockets
So they've never been burned

Far too many now
It won't ever quit
Forced into a structure
Such an easy fit

Such a good girl
Such an easy child
So helpful and truthful
So smart and so mild

So over it all
So tired of caring
About the words on my lips
And the expressions I'm wearing

So tired of myself
I can see it on my face
When I look in the mirror
I've fallen from my own grace

Head banging
Eyes shut
Edges fraying
Strings cut

Never listening
Bitten tongue
Tastes nothing
Blackened lung

Still stuck in the rhythm
The routine, the mold
It all looks the same
Stuck frozen in the cold

I'll scream some day
Stop being so concerned
Won't bore myself til death
Still . . . my hands have never been burned

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think I'd be this long
    You wrote a lot while I was gone
    I needed time alone to slow
    My stressed out mind and heart below

    Jamsparks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think you'd ever comment again
      Rather sadly I thought "I win"
      I figured you'd become bored of me
      But I hope you're well now; I hope you're happy

      Delete