Sunday, February 17, 2019

Ashes

Just trying to find some normalcy
Just trying to recognize these eyes
These harsh tones and sharp words
Cut until happiness dies

I'll be the sealed lips in the corner
Wearing a brave face and a hoodie
Like a child's safety blanket
Wrapped twice around me

Isolated as I am
With frost covered lashes
I know this isn't about me
But I'm crumbling to ashes

When has it ever been?
Never caused a moments worry
Bitten nails and tongues
The words become blurry

These things are true but I'm a liar
How are you to know?
Can't you read me like these words?
Fooled so long by my show

Trying to get a grip
You turn to smoke before my eyes
Grasping at air
Turning to ash as the fire dies

I need someone to hold me
But I flinch at your touch
I need you to hear me
But I don't talk much

I'm just crumbling now
I'll put myself back together soon
You have more important things to worry about
And I want to be a boon

But I listen to music when I'm upset
And lately I've heard too many songs
And I feel so helpless
Unable to right these wrongs

Can't you be the firm hand on my shoulder?
Raising me up when I fall down?
Can't you say you're proud of me?
Giving you no reason to frown

Because I don't want this to be normal anymore
But you don't recognize my eyes
And I've always managed without you
So like a lonesome phoenix, watch me rise 

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! Remember, I am always here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem's full of sadness
    It makes me want to cry
    Pains of past experience
    The lives we left behind

    Erase the awful mem'ry
    I'll wipe away your tears
    In each other's company
    We'll vanquish frown and fears

    Forget about the sadness
    and leave the past behind
    I know it hurts but let it go
    I'll soothe your shattered mind

    Forgotten pain can't hurt you
    Broken hearts won't last
    Burn it all to ashes
    What's gone is gone and past

    Look towards the future
    The light is bright ahead
    Sunshine rainbows gladness
    Let the ghosts be dead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let the ghosts be dead
      Let the memories fade
      Bury them all in the ground
      For everyone strayed

      Forgotten pain can't hurt you
      But who dares forget?
      Grabbing on so tightly
      For everyone holds onto it

      Forget about the sadness
      Watch the tears roll down their cheeks
      Let it bother us not
      For everyone leaks

      Erase the awful mem'ry
      Glaze your mind and eyes
      Walk across their graves
      For everyone dies

      This poem is full of sadness
      Their heads are full of dust
      Stop your silly crying
      For everyone must

      Delete