Sunday, January 20, 2019

Renewal

I have my doubts
And anxieties
I keep myself warm
Turning away from the breeze

My skeletons are young
Flesh still dripping from their bones
My thoughts are fleeting
Blood racing with hormones

My eyes change color
Reflecting the answers in my head
It aches and throbs
In retribution for the flames I never fed

The fiery passion within
I smothered with harsh words and ice
Coldness grips my heart
It was never my device

I can't control my eyes
They leak and they turn red
I can't control my mouth
And the lies that it has bled

My heart races when it shouldn't
My voice shakes when I speak
My hands tremble often
I'm slow and I'm weak

My list of failings goes on
Forever, seemingly
My worst flaw of all
Is how often I find fault in me

Shrug off your past mistakes
Love yourself, they say
Sometimes I can
But sometimes I'm not okay

Is that okay?
Everyone feels a little darkness now and then
I'll pick myself up
And begin again 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem makes me shiver
    From the cold within our pasts
    Will I ever forgive her
    Will this poem be my last

    I push away this darkness
    Ignore this awful noise
    The lies of my own madness
    Tempt me with her lovely voice

    No time for indecision
    You have to make a choice
    Continue on your mission
    Or listen to the void

    Let the ice around you shatter
    Let your laughter fill the air
    All the voices never mattered
    And you beat them fair and square

    Life is full of sorrow
    If your heart lives in the past
    Just keep looking at tomorrow
    Touch the stars and don't look back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Touch the stars and don't look back
      They'll burn you up like coal
      Let them melt your flesh
      And ignite your soul

      Let the ice around you shatter
      Watch it all turn to rain
      Dropping down so gently
      Sprinkling the windowpane

      No time for indecision
      It all begins to burn
      Holding back their tears
      They never could learn

      I push away the darkness
      With the force of a sun
      Super nova; black hole
      All is said and done

      This poem makes me shiver
      Chase the dreams and they turn black
      Burn up your future
      Reach the stars and don't come back

      Delete