Sunday, January 6, 2019

Frost Laden Hitches

The sun slowly rises
And the frost on the ground
Sparkles and dances
As we drive around

Watch the leaves fall
So thickly it's like rain
Showering me in dirt
My smile reflected in the windowpane 

The sky's such a pretty hue
Seen from far away
Smile, won't you
Though we never play

Getting stronger throughout 
Just not my resolution 
Hands stained with dirt
Landscape covered in litter and pollution 


Blisters on my feet
Pimples on my face
Hitches in my plans 
Trying to find my place

But I'll smile and laugh
At little things I like
The sparkling ground
A frost laden hitch, roof, bike

Standing on covered porches
While leaves shower down
Smiling at strangers
So long as they don't frown

Riding in the back of trucks
Cold wind pushing on my skin
Driving backwards on sidewalks
Seeing where I've been


Don't know exactly where I'm going
Hardly know where I was
But I suppose that's okay
Because, who really does?

1 comment:

  1. I've written poems one per day
    For each one you wrote while I was away

    I locked my feelings in a chest
    But guilt slipped out a tiny pest
    Crawled into my ear resides inside
    So now I write to rectify

    I know I can't reverse the clock
    Or restore that missing time
    This anguish poked my frozen heart
    I keep it up to help me rhyme

    This guilt has made my poems worse
    But I won't give up on the last verse

    ReplyDelete