Sunday, December 23, 2018

Balance

Here lies my sanity
Lost to vanity
And remorse

Here stands my integrity
Bolstered by sincerity
And sheer force

There was uncertainty
Caused by adversity
And fear

There was tenacity
Thanks to veracity
And the fact that you're here


So here lies my dilemma
A bit of an enigma
Watch it grow

Here stands my charisma
Induced by drama
Start the show

So there was trauma
Causing a slight coma
It did impede

There was a stigma
Hindering my breath like asthma
Watch me bleed


Here we bleed in silence
Dripping with no resistance
Like rain

Here we breed compliance
Disguised as defiance
We bring pain

There was so much reliance
On harsh words and violence
And force

There will be balance
Caused by truthful guidance
And remorse 

3 comments:

  1. Am I really a good person?
    Were my actions for the best?
    Were my good deeds only selfish
    If you look at all the rest?

    Am I Angel or the Devil?
    Are mistakes my legacy?
    Of me will they remember
    Sad or happy memories

    I am really only human
    I am just like all the rest
    Mistakes are in my nature
    Can I pass this lifelong test?

    Shall I let this thinking stop me
    Stack excuses build a wall
    If I don't expect for failure
    Can I still live with my flaws?

    Should I act like I am perfect?
    Hide my worries deep inside
    Keep them hidden from the public
    Build a castle out of lies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Build a castle out of lies
      Watch it crumble to the ground
      Mountains of rubble
      Echo the bitter sound

      Shall I let this thinking stop me?
      Let this dust fill my lungs?
      The walls fall around me
      The lies control their tongues

      I am really only human
      Finite and small
      I'll try my hardest
      And still start to fall

      Am I an angel or a devil?
      Stranded on this earth
      Either way I'll cry out
      Longing for rebirth

      Am I really a good person?
      I suppose that's up to me
      Let the castle fall
      Set myself free

      Delete