Saturday, May 5, 2018

Clap Along

No house should ever be so quiet
As to hear a clock tick
No thought should ever be so deep
As to not make us act - quick

And I hear the birds when
Everything else is asleep
And I see bravery when
Everyone else acts like sheep

And the soothing music moves me
When I am alone
And the silent truth inspires me
When it is shown

We drown out the silence with noise
And expect to still hear it
Listening only to the clock
Few times it is quiet

Silence is wasted space
Wasted time as it tick, ticks away
Thoughts are wasted effort
So special at first, but they don't stay

And I'll put my headphones on
To drown out the world
And I clapped along
As I spiraled and twirled

And I will find no meaning
In two clocks ticking out of sync
And I will change nothing
With these thoughts that I think

2 comments: