Sunday, February 11, 2018

And If

I've been searching my soul for the answer
Been watching the world for a cure
But they're not there
And it's not fair

And if I were a pencil I'd have no point
And if I were part of an arm we'd have no joint
And if I were an instrument I'd be out of tune
And if I were an overachiever I'd be on the moon

And who says we need happiness
Other than those who profit from what we miss?
And it's not sane
And we're so vain

And if I were always happy I'd be naive
And ignorance is my greatest peeve
And if I were truly confident I wouldn't care
And since we're not sane this is what we wear

And if never tasted, why do I miss it?
And if we can fly, why are we still in this pit?
And I'm not to blame
And they'll say the same

If I gave no excuses I'd be an anomaly
And if there was a way out there'd be a fee
And if we're tired why don't we sleep?
And maybe I'd feel bigger if I weren't stuck staring at the deep

And we're just trying to forget our limits
The fact that our bodies will one day call it quits
While the universe goes on like pi
Still we die

And if I understood I'd be unique
And if you did I'd kiss your cheek
And if I were human I would lack
And since I am I will look back

And I search myself for answers because I'm in deep
And I watch the night sky while I should be asleep
And the answers are sometimes there
And that's pretty fair

And if I were greedy I'd take thirds
And if I were me I'd write these words
And if I were you I'd read them now
And if I were done I'd take a bow

6 comments:

  1. I always mangle
    my every word
    if you are an angel
    will my voice be heard

    I've been to the end
    and come back alive
    I used to have friends
    now few do arrive

    I try to be honest
    but inside I'm afraid
    there isn't a promise
    unbroken I've made

    My world is lonely
    both empty and dark
    please come and find me
    My name is Jame Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've found you, I've heard you
    It wasn't hard
    I am no savior or angel
    Only a bard

    So I shan't bring you light
    You cannot serenade
    This prudent observer
    This secluded maid

    I could use the company
    That much is true
    But I'm rather doubtful
    That the spot will be filled by you

    For, I wonder, will you run
    Goodbye, the end?
    When I give you fair warning -
    I will be nothing more to you than a friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please don't misread me
      I'm not here for romance
      I won't ask you to kiss me
      I just want to dance

      Your poem's a painting
      And my rhymes are trash
      But the song that we sing
      Will not end in a crash

      I've fallen so many times
      True love's never true
      There's passion in my rhymes
      but not the kind that wants you

      Poetry's more than just rhyming
      There's rhythm and flow
      You've given me warning
      But I've no reason to go

      Delete
    2. I'm happy to hear that
      You'll forgive me for wanting to be sure?
      I didn't want you to waste your time
      If you thought me more than a danseur

      Delete
    3. Of course I forgive you
      Jame Sparks is not cruel
      I'd like to meet you
      Please email this fool

      heartsandmirrors@gmail.com

      Delete