Sunday, May 15, 2016

The End Of Forever

It is not hard
To think of life
Going on and on
Nothing changing
Always the same
Everyday
Week
Month
Year
Routine
The same day
Over and over
It is not hard
To imagine
Never growing
Older
Always being
Fourteen forever
Never aging
Never changing
Never worrying
About the future
A future of
Work
And marriage
Children
And choices

It is hard
And it is scary
To think of aging
Of changing
Of life
Moving on
Until death
Claims me
Forever
I can't think of falling
Asleep and never
Waking again
I can't imagine
Life
Time
Thoughts
Stopping
Forever
But someday
It will
I don't know how
To cope
Prepare
Accept
My fate
My future
My end
How can I?

It is hard
Because life
Won't go on and on
Never changing
Our routines
Alter
Our habits
Transform
Our days
Blend
Gone
So fast
And suddenly
There's no time left
To play around
Because now
You need a job
Now
You must get married
Now
Have kids
Now
Raise them
Now
Die

But still life
Continues on
Now I'm fifteen
A whole year gone
A whole year gained?
Maybe it's not so bad
To age
To change
To gain
Experience
And wisdom
And the sadness
Of one day
The fear
And the decay
All blend
With the happiness
And growth
Of the next
And vice versa
So that the happiness
Wished upon me
For my birthday
This year
Will stay with me
Forever
Until
My forever
Ends

4 comments:

  1. Hiya!
    This poem is amazing Celora. I knew you would do awesome no matter what poem style it is. :)
    Hope you have a wonderful day.
    If you have chance, would you be able to leave me some feedback on my blog about what content I should do?? I have thought about it and have narrowed it down to lifestyle posts and diary entries. :)
    http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=573b3478e4b0b4cd49bbd700
    Thanks!
    Bye!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren :) Sure thing; already just voted. Can't wait to read what you come up with next!

      Delete
  2. Ahhhhhh! I love the background and colour so much Celora!!

    ReplyDelete