Monday, February 15, 2016

Fishing For Stars

Where are you going, little child?
Where are you taking your fishing pole in this weather so wild?
It's blizzarding out, cold as can be
Why don't you stay here by the fire with me?

   "I'm going out to catch a star
The wind from the blizzard will take my line far
I'll bring you home a wish if I catch a lucky one
And I'll tell you all about it when I'm home again and done."

But, child, in this weather the snowflakes make a crowd
The sky's so busy; what if your line can only catch a cloud?
Stay inside; there's no stars out tonight
Look out there; can you see any light?

   "The stars are there, you just have to search, explore
The sky is busy, but there's always room for one more
So what if I catch I cloud?  I can just recast
It may take a while, but there's no need to go fast."

Is a star really worth it?  Come, child, tell me
It's just a light; does it matter, truly?
Is it worth your time, effort, your cold casting finger?
Is it just a passing fancy, or will your wish for a star linger?

   "It's not a passing fancy; it's hope, a light in the rain
It's my dream, my life . . . I don't really know how to explain
But it's worth the time, effort, cold, and everything else, near and far
Now I must bid thee goodnight for, as you know, I am out to catch a star."

7 comments:

  1. Nice, thank you for bringing this to us

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely sweet poem with hope. I love your blog so much! Have a wonderful day. :)
    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I like your blogs new set up, by the way :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is so powerful! I especially love the ending verse about catching a star. So well done. Kudos to you!

    salmaseyam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work....Celora...continue to write poems like this... :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete