Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Time To Hang On

There is a time to build up
And not break down
There is a time to smile
Even if you want to frown
There is a time to stand against someone
And there is a time to stand together and heal
There is a time to look away
And a time to face what is real

There is a time to be strong
And a time to let yourself cry
There is a time to nod and accept
And a time to ask why
I'd thought it was my time to rise up
But instead I had to fall
I'd thought it was my time to win
But instead I lost it all

I tried to stand together
But I just couldn't heal
I tried to face the facts
But I didn't want to feel
I tried so hard to keep going
But instead I had to cry
I tried to accept defeat
But to the universe I demanded, "Why?"

I don't have enough strength
Don't know how to heal
Don't know how to keep smiling
When I see what is real
To heal and be happy
I have to move on but I'm stuck in one place
To be strong and face the truth
I have to accept that I'll never again see your face

But still I hang on to the memory of you
Wishing with all of my heart that you hadn't had to die
But still you do not come back to me
And I cry out to the universe, "Why?"
Nothing answers me
And so I blink back tears and look away
Nothing answers me
So I close my eyes, thankful that I have strength enough to hang on another day

5 comments:

  1. I can really relate to this Celora. When you really want to just be alone and sad you have to keep strong and hang on. I have had to blink back tears before and stay brave. Have a nice day and keep up the brilliant work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! Link: http://laurelella.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
    If you would like to contact me, email me at: puplauren2002@outlook.com
    Have a nice day. :)
    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete