Sunday, February 21, 2016

Countdown Hero

Zero
Until I wake up and play superhero
One
Let's get some friends to have some fun
Two
I bet anything I can beat you
Three
Let's do two against me
Four
Now we've got an even score
Five
You're dead in the game, stop acting so alive
Six
Come on, we can put the other team in a fix
Seven
Maybe we'll make it up to eleven!
Eight
Why are you so late?
Nine
No don't go home, I'm sure you'll be fine...
Eight
She had to go home so she wouldn't be late
Seven
Too bad we haven't got eleven
Six
He had to go give his bike a fix
Five
She had to go feed her fish so they'd stay alive
Four
I can't remember - what's the score?
Three
Why's everyone going home except for me?
Two
So I guess it's just me and you
One
I guess we can all meet up again tomorrow for some more fun
Zero
Because now I've gone to bed, dreaming of being a hero

1 comment:

  1. Love this simple but perfectly said poem. I have been thinking about this a lot! Have a wonderful day and I hope to speak to you soon!

    Lauren x
    www.laurelella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete