Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Devil of the Deep

They say it's a miracle I wasn't lost at sea
It is a miracle the monster didn't get me

Because it will kill us all, it strangles us in our sleep
This monster, this devil of the deep
Grown men, fearless men, now with madness in their eyes
Speak of things unholy, truths or lies?
Louder and louder, whisper and shout
The monster charges in, sucking the light out
Screams as we fall into the crashing blue
Both me and you
Breakers carry me safe to shore
But you are lost, evermore

"It was a monster, a devil bringing madness in its wake!
Listen now; can't you feel the ground shake?"
They don't believe it.  They think me traumatized, you see
They say it's a miracle my barrel saved me

I floated to shore but my minds lost at sea
Won't anyone believe me?

Because it was a monster called Storm who came in our sleep
A thunderous devil who sent us to the deep
Mother put me in a barrel, it shielded my eyes
I heard screams, wanting to believe them lies
Louder and louder we all scream and shout
The boat tips over, snuffing the light out
I scream as me in my barrel fall into the crashing blue
Why couldn't the barrel save all of you?
My tears mix with ocean as I'm carried to shore
Because you are lost, evermore

And I am left with lies in my brain
I am a child and they think me insane
I cannot accept that you could die by Storm
You, the hands that held me, kept me safe and warm

. . . They say it's a miracle I wasn't lost at sea
But why did that miracle only save me?

No comments:

Post a Comment