Sunday, October 2, 2022

Irregardless

There were holes before I met you
There will be holes when you are gone
Every night I'll sink to nothingness
And in the morning, greet the dawn 

I'm missing too many pieces 
My soul leaks through the cracks 
I'm running out of time again 
And the feelings only wax

I'll drown beneath the drippings 
I'll watch me disappear
I didn't move fast enough
And now I'm stranded here

Searching for silver linings 
In a sheet of gray sky
I'll grasp at them tightly
Never knowing how to say goodbye

I'll tear it all to pieces 
Rip until I can see blue
I'll pull myself together
Until I can't seep through

Every night I'll expand to eternity 
And in the morning, greet the dawn 
I was whole before I met you
I will be whole when you are gone  

No comments:

Post a Comment