Sunday, May 15, 2022

May It Ever Be

What is there to say?
Another year - another day
Building it all up, watching it all fray
Places to go, but I haven't found my way
Just what am I supposed to say?

What have I said so far?
Trying always to reach that bar
Stretching up to caress each star
Soothing every bruise and scar
What in the world have I said so far?

What am I supposed to do?
Something good - something true
Promise always to see it through
If only the way I knew
Just what am I supposed to do?

What have I done worthwhile?
None of it is tactile 
None of it important enough to compile 
Aside from meriting your smile 
What else could possibly be as worthwhile?

So what is there I could possibly say?
How can I accurately convey 
All the things that have and have not gone my way
In my twentieth year and a day?
I'm still just beginning to find my way

So what is there that I might find
In a world that isn't always kind
In my heart and in my mind
With my thoughts so intertwined?
May it ever be: never ending moments where the stars are aligned 

No comments:

Post a Comment