Sunday, February 20, 2022

Eternity

Ask me questions I can't answer 
Little words that captivate
Light a spark behind my eyes 
Eternity isn't too long to wait
Letting all the old thoughts softly abate

Show me what could never have been
Twisted as it was before
Adrift in crushing upheaval
Yet stagnant at its core
Who knew it could be so much more?

Show me what is possible now
Everything as it should be
Show me all the silver linings 
Held within infinity 
All within a moment of you holding me

I'll answer questions you never asked 
Tangled webs to hide behind
Hidden meanings left undisturbed 
Mysteries you'll never find
Echoes of thoughts I revise and rewind

Light a spark and watch it blaze
Lingering unto the night
Moments stretching into days
Onward into the light
Void of all but warmth and rays
Eternity drifting out of sight

1 comment:

  1. This is two acrostics in one - the second and fourth verses spell: Stay with me. The first, third, and fifth verses spell: All else shall move.

    ReplyDelete