Sunday, January 23, 2022

Only Stay Forever

Only stay forever
Caressing my cold hands
Captured in the moment
All my breath expands

Still hanging in the air
In clouds about my head
Once more - fill and release
Nothing needing to be said

And we'll say it anyway
Like it's all of top most import
Like the future takes shape with our words
You'll always give your best retort

I'll soak it all in to warm me
Dreaming up arguments too
Occasionally, I don't like people all that much
No - but I always like you

Trekking through the snow
Lashes blinking flakes away
I'll hold what I can
Knowing it'll all be gone someday 

Experiencing each footfall
Perfect patterns in the snow
Expanding each moment
Only staying forever, you know -

Placing each foot carefully 
Like the pattern will always show
Echoes of when forever started to grow

1 comment: