Sunday, September 6, 2020

The Days That Never Came

Daydreams swirl around me
Remembering the days that never came
Enjoy pondering the possibility
Agitated that reality will never be the same

Memories that never were
Softly invade my head
Oscillate between my thoughts
Focused on words never actually said

Me and you, in an alternate world
Elated with no end
Me and you, what could have been
Only possible in the pretend

Reality attempts to dispel -
I continue dreaming
Endeavors to disenchant me -
Still, my thoughts are gleaming

Tomorrow, perhaps, I'll give it up
Haven't had the heart to yet
Agitating as it is -
Troubled me since the day we met

Never could get you out of my head
Endings haven't stopped you
Visiting my dreams so often
Enjoy the notions, and hate them too

Recalling a future that never was -
Wishes that reality will forever disclaim
Endeavoring to give them up, they
Remain through ice and flame

Echoing the days that never came

1 comment: