Sunday, November 24, 2019

Abstraction

Infinity, it stared at me
Winked and vanished in the inconsistency
Alone, I searched for a distraction
Softly, the world refused me a reaction

Surrendering, I plunged into my thoughts
Cascading down amongst twists and knots
Abstracted and lost
Reality ignoring my accost

Engulfed in myself, I sensed -
Drowning in an ocean I couldn't fight against -
Omniscience, and a lack thereof
Forgetting myself and all that I love

Nothingness screamed at me, and I didn't care
Only everything surrounded me there
Tossed about in a teeming void
Built anew while being destroyed

Eternity, it stared at me
I stared right back, wonderingly
Noticing just how small I was
Groping for significance and giving pause

Deserting my pursuit of grasping this abstraction
Infinity winked and I clung to a distraction
Saturated in a more concrete reality
Tortuous with previous notions of me

Resolutely ignoring life's dissonance
Affirming once more my significance
Circling actions with no pauses to give
Thinking concretely so I might live

Eternity, sporadically, will glance at me
Dancing before my questioning eyes, and vanishing in the inconsistency

1 comment: