Sunday, October 27, 2019

Validate Me

Been feeling pretty low
Because . . . I don't know
Dry the tears - let it go

Gentle thoughts turn rough
Keep your chin up, be tough
But I just don't feel good enough

Happiness, it comes and goes
Hoping the pain never shows
No one has time for your woes

Coldness soaks through my skin
I've won before, but I never feel like I win
Dry your face, begin again

Smile; no use in spreading the pain
Watch the crescent wax and wane
Palms reached out, I catch only rain

Highs and lows, can't let them see
Reaching out for attention, I'm trapped and free
Dry my tears for a moment - validate me

Tell me I matter, that I'm important too
Give me approval, give me value
Mine isn't good enough - I need it from you

But it never lasts, the value you grant
The compliments you give, the flatter you chant
Eventually you leave, and I'm left unconfident

It doesn't last, this outside stuff
So this version of me I'll try to slough
Dry the tears - tell myself I am enough

No comments:

Post a Comment