Sunday, July 8, 2018

The Cycle of Life

In the stillness of morning
In the silence therein
In the rising sun and people
Let us begin

With the blare of the alarm
That shakes me from my dreams
With drooping eyes
Blinking at sunbeams

With the first splash of water
Awakening my skin
With the first sip of coffee
Awakening me within

In the mind numbing traffic
In the blaring of horns
In the speeding cars
Rushing to begin their morns

With school or with work
Dragging on all day
With smiles or frowns
That won't too long stay

In the hours slipping past
Until I drive again
In the traffic going on
A race I cannot win

With the first sight of home
With the rattle of keys
With the shedding of shoes
With pleasure and ease

Soon I will sleep once more
Thoughts rumbling within
Until morning comes
And I do it all again   

No comments:

Post a Comment