Sunday, July 22, 2018

Apathetic Android

My heart was made to be broken
My skin developed to crack
My mind manufactured to decay
My eyes to blur and look back

My questions never had any answers
My worries never knew any cure
My feet never understood rest
My strength was never meant to endure

A robot made from passion
An android developed with love
An enigma ensued with numbness
As I am none of the above

Apathy seeped into my system
A virus into my frame
Washing over my emotions
Making them all feel the same

I was assembled with intent -
I was meant to be
A smiling, successful android
Smart, kind, and happy

But the numbness in my nexus
Dealt with this disposition
Succumbing me to sorrow
Vacuuming up my volition

Yet my heart still shatters
My skin stretches and cracks
My mind withers and dies
And my eyes don't accept the facts

The disposition granted
To every robot like me
Continues to control
A system bathed in apathy

It cannot delete the virus
It cannot regain the love
A common enigma indeed
I am all of the above 

1 comment:

  1. From the heart and from the mind
    Truth and fiction intertwine
    Writing stories telling lies
    All this is part of His design

    Metal fibers heart of coal
    Does whatever he is told
    Ears to listen legs to go
    This is why his skin is cold

    Then he slipped and fell in love
    With an angel from up above
    Pushed him down and broke his heart
    Tore his fragile life apart

    ReplyDelete