Sunday, October 1, 2017

Syllables

One-Two-Three
Play so care-ful-ly
Sing unto thee
Going one-two-three

Might I say
You look nice today
Dressed in black
Cry for what you now lack

Now might we
Dance for one-two-three
Twirl with me
Joyful de-ci-ded-ly

Do you hear the beat?
No small feat
For us to meet
In the numbered heat

Don't lose count, we
Go one-two-three
Number me
So I fit per-fect-ly

Numbered days
E-ffect-ing my ways
Did you not notice
The things we miss?

Do you feel it, the
One-two-three
Ruling you and me
De-ci-ded-ly

Skips and jumps
Loaded tongues and bumps
Sorry to push passed
But thoughts don't last

Not quite the same
Still in the game
Of one-two-three
No escape for me

Break the mold
Pes-si-mis-tic, cold
But deep down
You don't get why we frown

Evolve, world!
Re-al-i-ty curled
Into an unreal ball
Down we fall

"You make no sense!
Where is the - hence?
"What is your point?
Will you dis-a-ppoint?"

Prob-ab-ly, yes
Cuz life's a mess
No reason or rhyme
Just keeping time

Off on a tangent
Give a hint
To life's purpose
Will it be worth less?

Space is needed
Words aren't heeded
Actions aren't done
Yeah!  Now we've not won!

Call us a mess
Say it's pointless
Maybe they should point less
Won't confess

The moral isn't-
Speed, tangent!
Run from the questions
Someone mentions

Stop! You've run too far
Hello, bar
Can't ever reach you
Though I set you

Again; one-two-three
Care-ful-ly
No escape for me
Except-
             One-
                     Two-
                             Three   

1 comment:

  1. I figure this one needs a tad bit of explaining. I won't get into too much detail, just the syllables and the ending. See, the first two lines in each paragraph equal 8 syllables, and the the third and forth lines equal 9, so each paragraph has 17 syllables. But the last paragraph has 18, so in the end I escaped the count by counting to 3, thus the "No escape for me/Except one-two-three" . . . Yup

    ReplyDelete